As I continued to see clients throughout the years, offering Reiki treatments, I found there were sometimes those for whom I knew in my heart I could have done more. I wanted to move these clients closer to discovering the answers within, but I didn’t know how to assist them in discovering their own wisdom. I felt that I was supporting them as they grew closer to crossing their personal bridges, but found myself stymied when it came to helping them to the other side of the bridge.
After an evaluation of myself (ego can be such a detriment sometimes), I decided to research the function of a life coach. After I read about life coaching, I wondered why in the world I had not hired a life coach during my own difficult life lessons, or when I felt stuck. It would have made it much easier for me to have someone who would objectively ask me the right question, or guide me on how to discover the answer within.
I completed a life coach course in 2014 and am so grateful for the wonderful teacher I had, Lisa Dane McCullough. I knew that Reiki and life coaching would work together like peanut butter and jelly, complementing one another, and allowing the client to work through crises or little challenges with more ease and well-being. I have had wonderful results with the combination of Reiki and life coaching for my clients.
Here is what my sessions look like:
- Client and I chat about what is going on in his or her life, or client shares health challenges. (Time: approximately 15 minutes or less.)
- Client lies on a table to receive Reiki energy for about 30 to 40 minutes. (The time may be less or more, depending on the situation.)
- We discuss what may have surfaced during the Reiki treatment (this may be emotional or physical), and we work together to discover methods that may enhance the client’s journey/life.
- The client always has a choice of including life coaching with the treatment, or a Reiki treatment only.
- The number of sessions vary, from a single session or more, depending on the needs of the client.
Coaching addresses the topics the client wants to discuss. This may include (but are not limited to) life management, relationships, spiritual development, career development, money, wellness decision-making, and achieving short or long-term goals.
Our sessions may include exploratory questions, experiential exercises, brainstorming, clarification of values, strengths, needs, the completion of written assignments, education/information gathering, goal setting, identifying plans of action, accountability, making requests, agreements to change thoughts, words, and actions, holistic healing using Reiki treatments, and examining life management strategies.
I am here to support you through the big and little challenges, and to assist you to relax and discover more peace in your life.